Home > Under 25 Car Rental
Renting a Car Under 25? We’ve Got You Covered.
It's a common misconception that drivers have to be at least 25 years old to rent a car.
Here's the truth: Hertz rents to drivers 20 years old and up.* Say hello to the driver’s seat.
How do I quality to rent a car if I'm under 25 years old?
Here are some of the things you’ll need to know about renting a car with Hertz for the first time.
It’s simple, all you need is:
- Renters must be at least 20 years old to rent a vehicle at most locations in the U.S. and Canada. In Michigan, New York and the province of Quebec, the minimum age to rent a vehicle is 18. In Alabama and Nebraska, the minimum age to rent a vehicle is 19
- A valid driver’s license (in good standing for over a year).
- A valid debit or credit card. Some Hertz Neighborhood Locations may require a credit card.
- Have more questions? Read our FAQs
Car Rental Options for Under 25
Renters under 25 can rent from a wide range of car classes, from economy to SUVs. Young renters are excluded from renting certain specialty vehicles and from renting from the Dream Car® collection, Prestige collection, and the Adrenaline Collection®.
1. How old do you have to be to rent a car with Hertz?
The minimum age to rent a vehicle at most locations in the U.S. and Canada is 20 years old. In Michigan, New York and the province of Quebec, the minimum age to rent a vehicle is 18. In Alabama and Nebraska, the minimum age to rent a vehicle is 19.
2. What is the cost of the Under 25 Rental Fee?
For renters under the age of 25, Hertz charges a young renter fee of $19 per day – below the industry average.
3. What cars can I rent when under 25?
Hertz renters under the age of 25 may rent any car except those from the Dream Cars, Prestige, and Adrenaline collections, and certain specialty vehicles.